KURAS -Concept for urban stormwater management and sewage systems
The engineering bureau Prof. Dr. Sieker mbH (IPS) is currently working on the project "concepts for urban stormwater management and wastewater systems (KURAS)" which just started!
In cooperation with a total of fifteen partners and for a time frame of 36 months, the goal is to develop integrated concepts for sustainable management of sewage and rainwater in an urban context.
Based on models, proposed stormwater and wastewater systems should consider the following challenges (climate change, demography, urban development, and flood protection).
In the first phase of the study, IPS will focus on comparing and evaluating of proposed storm water measures in terms of their effect on buildings, residents, environment and economic feasibility.
The assessment is based on indicators which are measurable variables used as a representation of an associated (but non-measured or non-measurable) factor or quantity. Here also the water balance tool "STORM.WB" is used.
In the second phase of the project; IPS will examine the potential and feasibility of the measures (Single and combined) at different spatial scales. The effectiveness of combined measures are to be tested in selected Urban areas in Berlin.
- Kompetenzzentrum Wasser Berlin
- TU Berlin (Subjects Fluid System Dynamics, Architecture and Ecosystem Science / Plant Ecology)
- Berliner Wasserbetriebe
- Atelier Dreiseitl
- GEO-NET Umweltconsulting GmbH
- IWW Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wasserforschung
- Deutsches Institut für Urbanistik
- FU Berlin, Hydrogeology
- Leibniz Universität Hannover, Institut für Meteorologie und Klimatologie
- Umweltbundesamt, Versuchsfeld Marienfelde
- TU Kaiserslautern, Fachgebiet Siedlungswasserwirtschaft
- Ifak-Istitutu für Automation und Kommunikation Magdeburg e.V.
- Senatsverwaltung für Stadtentwicklung und Umwelt Berlin